Twitter has announced a new feature for its messages. You can now pin your favorite messages to your Twitter inbox. If you have multiple threads on Twitter, sometimes it’s not easy to find the one you want to text. With this feature, you can easily find your favorite contacts which will be pinned to the top of messages.
Also, read | How to create your own Twitter community in 3 easy steps
How to Pin Messages on Twitter
Twitter announced the “pinned conversations” feature earlier this week, and it’s now rolling out to all users on web, Android, and iOS. So if you want to use it on your phone, please update the app first.
On the desk
Follow these steps to pin chats to your Twitter inbox on desktop:
1. Open the Twitter website and log into your account.
2. After that, click on Messages from the side menu.
3. Now that you are on the inbox page, hover over the message you want to pin.
4. Once you see the three dots next to this message, click on it.
5. From the options, now select “Pin Conversation”.
To note: You can pin up to six messages which will appear at the top.
If you want to remove someone from pinned chats, just click on the three-dot button next to them and select “Unpin chat.”
On mobile (Android, iOS)
As mentioned above, the feature is also rolling out to Twitter mobile apps. So update your app from your respective Play Store and follow these steps:
1. Open the Twitter app on your phone.
2. Now tap on the messages icon in the lower right corner.
3. On your inbox page, simply swipe right on the conversation you want to pin.
4. You will see a new pin icon. Press it.
You can also long-press on the chat and you’ll see the “Pin conversation” option at the top of the context menu. Select this option.
This is how you can also pin a conversation on your Twitter mobile app. Likewise, you can remove any chat from pinned conversations, and you can pin up to six chats at a time.
For more on Twitter, stay tuned with us and follow us on Twitter @gadgetstouse.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Groupor for the latest review videos, subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.