UNIVERSITY PARK, Pennsylvania – As the return to Beaver Stadium nears, fans will see a variety of game-day upgrades when visiting a Penn State Football game in 2022.
Most notably, Gate C was enlarged to facilitate the entry process from the northwest side of Beaver Stadium. A new fan-friendly clear bag policy is in place and a new game parking purchase location is in effect. Additionally, fans are urged to ensure they have reinstalled the Penn State Athletics mobile app prior to the home opener. Below you will find information on all this and more.
IMPROVEMENTS AND ENTRY CHANGES
- Mobile ticketing continues to be Penn State Football’s ticket delivery method for all games at Beaver Stadium. Mobile ticketing improves ticket delivery and management.
- Be sure to download mobile tickets to your Apple Wallet or Google Pay on your phone before game day.
- For step-by-step instructions on how to do this, please visit gopsusports.com/mobiletickets.
- Several charging stations are located in and around Beaver Stadium, as well as external guest relations booths. The kiosks have charging units and adapters for iOS and Android devices.
- To facilitate the gate entry process, mobile ticket scanners and walk-through metal detectors are at each entry point. There will be additional magnetometers and panels at various gates this season to improve security screening to streamline gate entry.
- To facilitate entry, fans are encouraged to enter the stadium as early as possible and will receive a concessions discount ($1 off per $5 spent) for the first 45 minutes after stadiums open. doors in some food stalls.
Fans urged to reinstall Penn State Athletics mobile app
- The official Penn State Athletics mobile app has moved.
- If fans downloaded the mobile app before April 28, 2022, they must download a new app, as the app used last year is no longer supported.
- If your app is titled “Nittany Lions”, you have the current Penn State Athletics app.
- If fans are unsure if they downloaded the Penn State Athletics app before April 28, 2022, follow these instructions to confirm.
- First, completely remove the previous version of the app on your phone.
- Second, go to Google Play or App Store on your phone and search for “Penn State Nittany Lions” and click the download button.
- If fans need additional help, visit gopsusports.com/mobiletickets or email for help at [email protected]
Penn State University Bag Policy Update
- Penn State University’s policy has gone through several revisions.
- To make the clear bag policy more fan-friendly and to align with policies in place for major events across the country, the size of bags allowed has been increased. Clear tote bags, which may measure 12″ x 6″ x 12″ or less, will be permitted.
- Additionally, a small 4″ x 6″ x 1″ wristlet or bracelet will continue to be permitted.
- Complete information on the University’s updated bag policy can be found here.
- For questions or additional details, please contact the Office of the Associate Vice President, Policing and Public Safety.
Improvements to Gate C entrance
- The Gate C entrance on the north side of Beaver Stadium has been expanded to ease the entry process and reduce congestion.
- The expansion will also improve fan circulation around the outside of the stadium with extended aisles.
PRE-GAME UPGRADES AND TAILGATING
Penn State Announces New and Improved Block Party at Beaver Stadium
- Penn State Athletics has announced the addition of the Beaver Stadium Block Party for the 2022 season.
- The Block Party will take place on Curtin Road, between University Drive and Porter Road.
- Fans can expect food, football and fun every week with different activities along Curtin Road. such as inflatable games, fan photo booths, food trucks, cartoonists, etc.
- Stop by the Penn State Athletics Marketing tables to pick up the Penn State Football poster and buttons.
- Live music will be played at the main team arrival stage for all afternoon kick-off matches.
- Penn State Bookstore Merchandise trailers selling officially licensed Penn State gear will be spread along Curtin Road.
- Cheer on the team as they arrive at Beaver Stadium during the Team Arrival Pep Rally two hours before kickoff featuring the Penn State Cheerleaders, Lionettes Dance Team, Penn State Blue Band and mascot Nittany Lion.
- The Penn State Blue Band marches through the middle of the Block Party approximately one hour before each game begins.
- Restrooms will be open and available to fans at the Bryce Jordan Center (via Gates A and B) and Medlar Field at Lubrano Park.
New tailgate cabs available along Curtin Road
- In partnership with REVELxp, exclusive Tailgate Cabanas will be set up along Curtin Road in the heart of the Beaver Stadium Block Party.
- The cabanas will provide close-up views of the Nittany Lions team entering Beaver Stadium.
- Each Tailgate Cabana contains 10-15 fans and includes a tent, tables, chairs, and a reserved parking pass. Dining options are available to provide guests with a VIP experience.
- If you would like to rent one for a game, please contact Sam Starret at [email protected]
New Holland’s Stadium Farm concession stand featured in Beaver Stadium this fall
- For the first time at Beaver Stadium, New Holland, proud sponsor of Penn State Athletics, will offer a unique farm-to-stadium concession concept, located at field level in the northwest corner of the stadium behind the NC and ND sections.
- Jason Scott, a local farmer who uses New Holland equipment and his Scott’s Roasting concession stand, will provide barbecue-themed dishes including a pulled pork sandwich, pork in a dish, loaded pork nachos, bulk sausages, sausages in a dish, and loaded sausage nachos.
- “New Holland is proud to partner with Penn State Athletics to bring the New Holland Farm to Stadium concession stand to Beaver Stadium this fall,” said Mark Lowery, Trade Marketing Manager for New Holland North America. “Through this one-of-a-kind initiative, Penn State and New Holland are recognizing the Pennsylvania farmers who feed us. Join us in supporting the Farm to Stadium Booth bringing local, fresh Pennsylvania food to Beaver Stadium!”
- New Holland Agriculture’s reputation is built on the success of our customers, be they cash crop growers, cattle ranchers, contractors, winemakers or ground care professionals. They can count on the widest range of innovative products and services: a complete range of equipment, from tractor to harvesting, including handling equipment, supplemented by the tailor-made financial services of an agricultural specialist. . A highly professional global dealer network and New Holland’s commitment to excellence ensure the ultimate customer experience for every customer. For more information about New Holland, visit www.newholland.com.
Other Dealership Updates
- The following new items will be available in select stadium locations.
- Buffalo chicken sandwich served with blue cheese or ranch dressing.
- Fries topped with white cheddar cheese, beef brisket and a drizzle of barbecue sauce.
- Bavarian soft pretzel.
- Two locations specializing in hot dogs serving:
- Nittany Dog – plain hot dog
- Chilli Cheese Dog
- Philly Dog – served with cheesesteak meat and white cheddar cheese
- Pork skin – served with BBQ pork
- Bottled water will be available for purchase at all temporary and permanent concession stands this season, increasing locations by 140 outlets.
- Penn State will also introduce take-out restaurants, offering snacks, such as UTZ chips.
PARKING AND CHANGING TRAFFIC
Match day traffic pattern remains in effect
- Penn State’s football game day traffic pattern will be in place again this season.
- Please visit gopsusports.com/gameday for directions to Beaver Stadium before you depart for the game.
- One-way circuits will begin four hours before kick-off and at 8:30 a.m. for midday matches.
- With the Atherton Street construction project underway at State College, fans are urged to keep up to date with construction and travel restrictions when visiting www.penndot.gov. Motorists can also keep up to date with the latest travel conditions by visiting www.511PA.com. All lanes will remain open on Friday and Saturday.
New Game Day Parking Purchase Location
- New this year, game day parking can no longer be purchased at certain lots and can only be purchased (cash or credit) at Lot 36.
- Game day parking sales will begin when lots open until sold out or kick off, whichever comes first.
- Pre-purchased general parking costs $50 per car, while paying to park game day when arriving at the general grounds will cost $60.
- Fans are encouraged to purchase parking passes in advance not only to benefit from the savings, but also to facilitate traffic and parking operations by displaying the pass when approaching the roads leading to the parking lot of the stadium.
- Fans may purchase up to three pre-game parking passes per account, per game.
- For additional parking and traffic information, visit: gopsusports.com/gameday.
Fans interested in visiting Beaver Stadium this fall can visit ticketmaster.com/pennstate to get tickets today. The Nittany Lions’ home opener is on Saturday, September 10, as they host the Ohio Bobcats for a noon game on ABC.
The 2022 Penn State Football season is presented by PSECU.