If you can’t see featured apps section in Microsoft Store app, one of these suggestions will definitely help you solve the problem. Microsoft Store is an online marketplace for Windows users to purchase or download various apps and games. Microsoft Store has a variety of apps and games, both free and paid. When we open the Store, we see a few featured apps at the top, these are the apps selected by Microsoft’s editorial team. These are basically the apps that Microsoft wants to promote to users.
Unable to see featured apps in Microsoft Store app
Don’t worry if you don’t see featured apps in the Microsoft Store app, you can fix it easily by following these suggestions:
- Restart your PC
- Check your internet connection
- Run Windows Update
- Clear Microsoft Store cache
- Troubleshooting Windows Store apps
- Repair or Reset Microsoft Store via Settings
1]Restart your PC
Restarting the PC fixes temporary issues and bugs. If this is due to a temporary glitch or a bug on your PC, restarting would definitely help. Restart your PC and open the Store. Check if you can see featured apps now. If not, look for the other fixes below.
2]Check your internet connection or change it and see
Your internet connection might not be strong enough to load apps in the Microsoft Store. Restart your modem and check if your Internet connection is working properly. Now open the Microsoft Store and check if you can see the feature apps.
If you can, then or change the connection and see.
3]Run Windows Update
It is very important to always update your operating system for the proper functioning of your PC and installed applications. To check whether your PC is up to date or not, press Win + I to open Settings and click on Windows Update. On the other hand, sometimes optional updates can cause such errors on your PC, so try uninstalling recent optional updates and check if you can see featured apps in Microsoft Store now.
Lily: Windows Store apps not working or opening
4]Clear Microsoft Store Cache
There are many reasons why you might want to reset the Microsoft Store to its default state. You see, there are times when the store isn’t working as it should, or maybe one or more apps are acting up. Now, there are other ways to fix issues with the Microsoft Store, but resetting and clearing the cache are the easiest.
To clear the Microsoft Store Cache:
- Press Win + R to open the Run dialog box and type the command, wsreset.exethen click OKAY.
- You will see a black prompt window open but the command is running.
- Wait for the command to complete and it will automatically open the Microsoft Store. It normally takes 10 seconds to complete.
- Check if you can now see featured apps in the Store.
5]Run Windows Store App Troubleshooter
If resetting the store doesn’t help and you still don’t see featured apps in the Microsoft Store, try running the Windows Store app troubleshooter. This can detect the real cause and fix it. To run the troubleshooter-
- Press Win + I and open PC Settings.
- In the search bar, type Store and click on the options saying, “Find and fix problems with Windows Store apps”.
- This will open the convenience store. Click Next, then the troubleshooter will check and fix if there is any problem with your Microsoft Store.
- This should most likely fix your problem, but if you still can’t see app features in the store, as troubleshooters check for any potential issues, like if some security settings are missing or changed, if there are any missing or corrupted files if the registration service is corrupted, the location of temporary Internet files has changed, User Account Control settings, and if there are suspended or crashed applications.
6]Repair or Reset Microsoft Store via Settings
You can repair or reset the store through settings.
- Press Win + I to open your PC settings and go to apps.
- Scroll down to locate Microsoft Store or use the search option.
- Once you locate the Microsoft Store app, click on the three dots and select Advanced options.
- Scroll down to the Reset option, you can either Repair Where Reset the store here.
- If you decide to repair, the apps in your store will not be affected, but if you reset your store, the app data will be deleted.
How do I run the Windows Store Troubleshooter?
You can run the Windows Store troubleshooter in two ways:
- Press Win + I to open Settings > System > Troubleshoot > Other troubleshooters. Scroll down to Windows Store and click Run.
- Press Win + I to open Settings and type Store in the Search option. Click on “Find and fix problems with Windows Store apps” and it will open Windows Store troubleshooter.
How do I reset the Microsoft Store?
To reset the Microsoft Store on your PC, press Win + I to open Settings or type Settings in the Search option. Go to the Apps section and search for Microsoft Store. Click on the three dots and select Advanced Options. Go to the Reset section and click on Reset.
Shuffle Playback: We couldn’t find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face.