Zoom drives video communications innovation with new solutions to empower hybrid workforce
Zoom Video Communications, Inc. announced the general availability of its latest innovations, Zoom Apps and Zoom Events. Zoom Apps seamlessly integrates third-party applications into Zoom meetings and the desktop customer experience, improving collaboration, productivity and entertainment for today’s hybrid workforce. Zoom Events is an all-in-one platform for creating a wide range of interactive and immersive virtual events to reach and engage audiences.
“I’m excited to see our vision for the platform expand through Zoom apps and Zoom events as the world embraces hybrid work, empowering the workforce today and into the future.” Said Eric S. Yuan, founder and CEO of Zoom. “These innovations will improve the way we connect and collaborate with our colleagues, clients, friends, family and others, thereby improving productivity and collaboration while maintaining elements of fun and well-being.”
“Zoom applications and Zoom events are essential elements in expanding Zoom’s offering and reach,” said Roopam Jain, vice president of information and communications technology at Frost & Sullivan. “These solutions empower users to do more with video communications and demonstrate Zoom’s goal of empowering customers to build and grow businesses entirely on its platform, whether through apps, integrations, events or other services. ”
Marketing Technology News: Strata Introduces Identity Orchestration Platform for Multi-Clouds
Bring your favorite apps to the Zoom platform
Zoom Apps extends the offerings of the Zoom App Marketplace, which already hosts more than 1,500 third-party integrations. With Zoom Apps, you can increase productivity and stay focused on your workflows by incorporating your favorite apps into your meetings. There are currently over 50 Zoom apps available, ranging from enterprise use cases to consumer use cases, including whiteboard, project management, note taking, and video games, with extensive others under development and available soon. Some Zoom apps currently available include:
- Asana: Hold focused meetings with the ability to create meeting action items and next steps in advance so your teams always move forward with clarity. You can also create, edit, and assign tasks, all without leaving your Zoom meeting.
- Point collector: The Dot Collector app allows all meeting participants to share their perspective through real-time comments and polls. The points are systematically collected, shared and kept allowing adjustments in the moment and in time. The Dot Collector app fosters more inclusive collaboration, transparency and meaningful relationships among colleagues, while providing individuals with information that helps them unleash their full potential.
- Dropbox spaces: Get the most out of your meetings with the Dropbox Spaces app for Zoom. Keep everyone on the same page by collaborating in real time in a single shared workspace before, during and after Zoom meetings.
- Heads up!: Heads up! is a fun and hilarious game from Ellen DeGeneres. Heads up! is the perfect board game to play with your coworkers and friends, and it’s a fun way to hang out with coworkers while waiting for meetings to start. The app is developed for Zoom by Ellen Digital and Playco.
- SurveyMonkey Enterprise by Momentive: Host more engaging and inclusive meetings with instant feedback from surveys and polls available right in the Zoom meeting experience. Capture optimal stakeholder information from customers, employees, patients, and all meeting participants. Take action to increase employee engagement, improve customer or patient experience, and make remote meetings more productive.
- The well-being that works by WW: Wellness that Works from WW, a leader in weight loss and wellness, helps users move more, eat better, and change their mindset with push notifications to get up and stretch, as well than hydration monitoring, state of mind tools and essential recipes. Wellness that Works strengthens WW’s credentials in the science of behavior change by helping users develop and maintain healthy habits wherever they are… even in meetings!
Marketing Technology News: MarTech interview with Navdeep Saini, co-founder and CEO of DistroScale
Improve hybrid and virtual event experiences
Zoom Events empowers organizations to create engaging hybrid and virtual experiences. Zoom Events enables businesses large and small to seamlessly manage and host back-to-back event sessions from sales summits, customer events, trade shows and internal events. Zoom Events offers features such as event hubs, dedicated corporate virtual event spaces, customizable registration, and networking through a chat-enabled virtual event hall. Zoom Events also allows event-specific reporting regarding registration, attendance and ticket sales. Zoom will be hosting its annual user conference, Zoomtopia and Zoom Academy, on Zoom Events this year.
OnZoom, the consumer-centric Zoom Events solution, helps brands and small businesses reach consumer audiences by creating, hosting and monetizing events including fitness and cooking classes, theatrical presentations, and more. OnZoom will remain in beta and serve as a place where small businesses and entrepreneurs can host and publish events in our public event directory.